This recipe is so simple and quick. Plus you only need a few ingredients. Apart from the caramel, this recipe is pretty good for you as there isn't any extra sugar added. If you have a sweet tooth like me you can just add a little custard or ice cream.
What you'll need;
5 Apples (I used ordinary green ones but its your choice) - peeled, cored and cut up
6 tbsp Carnation caramel
100g Porridge oats
100g Plain flour
100g Butter (diced)
- Heat the oven to 200"C.
- Put the apples into a saucepan with a splash of water, cover and cook over a high heat for 4-5 mins, stirring occationally. (Be careful to not cook for too long as they'll go too soft like mine did and it will look more like a sauce!! Still perfectly fine to eat just not quite how it should be)
- Stir in 3 tbsp of the caramel and tip into an oven proof dish.
- Put small spoonfuls of the caramel over the apples until only a spoonful of caramel is left (we'll come back to that last spoonful later).
- Now mix the flour and the porridge oats together, rub in the butter with your fingers until it becomes a crumbly mixture. Stir in the remaining caramel and then cover the apples with the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20mins until golden and crisp on top.
There you have it... that easy!
Crumble is a perfect autumn dessert and you can so easily adapt this recipe to use different fruit and experiment a bit.
Let me know if you tried this one and what you thought.
Perfect autumn pud! Love a crumble, this one looks grand!
ReplyDeleteM x
Thanks Michelle, I like that its not too bad for you so there's not much guilt when eating it (except for the fact I always go back for seconds)! x
DeleteApple crumble has got to be one of my all time fave desserts - I've never made one myself so I will have to give it a go! This looks lovely - I wouldn't think to use caramel with it, but I do *love* caramel so this recipe definitely works for me!
ReplyDeleteIf you really love caramel then you might want to experiment with putting a bit more in as I dont think this recipe is very sweet. I love making my own because its fun to experiment and make it how you want. I love lots of custard so made the crumble less sweet.
DeleteMy word that looks amazingly tasty, I haven't had crumble in so long and use to always be a favorite of mine with a load of custard!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachael, I love lots of custard too.... perfect Autumn dessert! x
DeleteMy fabourite, this looks and sounds delicious! x
ReplyDeleteThanks Courtney! Its really easy to make as well x
Delete