So I thought I would do this monthly as its always nice to start a new month with a fresh outlook.
Like a lot of people at the beginning of the year I think about New Year Resolutions and although there are the ones that appear on every years list (be more healthy, go to the gym more etc) I also have the few odd ones that are brand new that I honestly think I’m going to do. Now this post isn’t about New Year Resolutions as such but more about those lists that we make at the start of the year, month or week... The ‘To do’ List. I am so guilty of making these lists and not completing the things on them. Certain things just keep on reappearing on the next list because I keep putting them off. So, we come back to what this post is really about... Less thinking about what I’m going to do and more actually doing it!! So as it’s a new month and everything I am going to make an effort to actually try and DO what I put on my lists. I will give my whole room a ‘spring clean’ (only a few months late!) and sort out my clothes/shoes/make up/ life!
Aside from boring chores we put off I do also think it’s good to try and achieve at least one or two other things that we might have as a ‘to do’. Whether it’s a place you want to visit, a course you want to complete or just something more general that you haven’t had a chance to do yet like learning to cook properly. At the start of the year I said I would get a new tattoo that I wanted (*tick* got that back in June – I took a photo in 30 Day Snap if you want to take a look) and that I was going to get a ‘good’ camera and learn how to use it (*tick* and nearly ticked off - Got a photography day course booked for this Saturday). More recently as I mentioned in my previous post me and my boyfriend are going to make the effort once a month to visit one of the many restaurants ‘on our list’ that we want to try out. I think it’s really good to try and give yourself a few realistic goals or things off your bucket list to complete. It’s so easy to put things off sometimes but as you get older time goes by quicker and life seems to get in the way more and more. Seize the day as they say and accomplish whatever it is you want to do because a lot of times whether we want to admit or not it’s usually ourselves that are holding us back. Of course more money would always help with completing some of the things we would love to do but there are plenty of things that don’t cost as much as we’d think or if you want it bad enough you’ll save somewhere in order to do what you really want to.
So your homework assignment – think of things you want to do/accomplish/complete, think of both everyday things you may have been putting off (uploading all those unwanted items on ebay is already at the top of mine!) and also things that you really want to do that would be on your bucket list. Now once you have a few things in mind.... STOP THINKING and START DOING or at least start putting them in motion!
Let me know how you get on :-)
Tweet

Great motivational post! I'm a pain too for making to-do lists just for the sake of making them! By the way I love your blog and will definitely be following :D
ReplyDeleteShannon x
Fangirls&Foundations
Thank you Shannon, I hope the post helped.
DeleteLoving your blog as well! x
Love this post! I keep meaning to put a load of stuff on eBay but then think 'I will do that tomorrow' never happens!
ReplyDeleteCan't beat a good dose of motivation x
Thanks Abigale, I know I always have good intentions to, its so easy to put things off but I'm determined to be more productive this month. x
DeleteHey there :)
ReplyDeleteFound you through Twitter. Now following your blog through GFC and BlogLovin. Would love it if you could follow back if you like :) x
www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com
Hi Lily, I'll take a look :-)
DeleteThis is a great motivational quote! I need to be more adventurous, so this is definitely applicable to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the twitter link!
Ring-a-Round a Rosey
awesome quote.
ReplyDelete- Janine
http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com
Great inspiration quote, honey! Life must be lived, and we alla have to dare.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day!
(¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)