Saturday, 20 July 2013

What's made it into my skincare routine? #1

I used to be very lazy with my skincare routine in the past, it was very much rushed and routine probably wasn't the right word to even use. There was no wonder my skin would be all over the place. I would sometimes have dry patches, sometimes breakouts and with not having a proper routine it was difficult to always know what caused them. My skin is so much better now and I can't believe I didn't take more care of it before. It wasn't that I didn't have good products, I just didn't have a routine and also didn't take as much notice in what products were right for me. I would assume that if it was a popular product it would be fine for my skin.... which is of course not true because everyone is different and what works for someone doesn't necessarily work for others.


Here are a few products that are part of my current skin routine....




B. Pure Micellar Water (£4.99 for 150ml)




This is a 3-in-1 Micellar water that cleanses, tones and refreshes the skin. I've found it really good for completely taking off my make-up and leaving my face squeaky clean without feeling like its 'stripping' my skin like some very strong cleansers and toners i've tried in the past (Yes i'm talking about Clinique)! Which is why I can believe it really is suitable for ALL skin types including really sensitive skin. It truly is such great value for money especially as it really does do all 3 things it promises on the bootle. The lazy girl inside of me loves this product as its quick and easy to use - just apply to cotton pads and sweep over the face and eye area and no need to rinse. I am quite keen to try out some of the other products in this range from Superdrug.

Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser (£7.99 for 50ml)



I really like this for an every day moisturiser as its light weight and has the added bonus of SPF 15 which is essential when its as sunny as it has been recently! I use this in the morning and evening (when I'm not using No7 Overnight Radiance Boost - more on that in a moment). You can pick this up slightly cheaper than £7.99 which is the price listed for Boots and Superdrug by visiting cheapsmell.com. 
I'm really pleased with the results of using this product. I do love my Clarins HydraQuench Cream but for a more affordable everyday alternative this is definitely my choice.

No.7 Beautiful Skin - Overnight Radiance Boost (£16.00 for 30ml)



So as you might of guessed from the title, you put this on at night before bed. I bought this about a month ago. I use this instead of a moisturiser but only about 3 times per week. It is a hydrating serum which is also supposed to mildly exfoliate to give you fresher more radiance skin in the morning when you wake up. When I first used it I think I was expecting a more dramatic result. Although my skin felt good I can't say I felt 'wow this product is amazing' and not that different to just moisturising. Although I did hang on in there and carried on using the product around every other night. I can honestly say its grown on me and although subtle at first I do notice the difference. You only have to use a small amount so I can see this lasting even though its only a 30ml bottle. I think I'll definitely re-purchase this when I do run out as its now a firm part of my skincare routine.


Nspa Youthful Eye Cream (£5.00 for 15ml)



I have to be honest and confess this is the first eye cream I've ever used. I'm really pleased with this product so far. Not only is it great value for money but now using an eye cream is definitely something I'll always do as part of my skincare routine.
I'm really impressed with the nspa range, the products are so good and yet so inexpensive for the quality. I also use their Melting Cleansing Gel and reviewed it here if you'd like to  give it a little read.


Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. looks like great products!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete