Last year I actually lost a little bit of weight before Christmas so that when I put on the dreaded 'holiday weight' I only went back to what I was before instead of adding to those January blues and all my clothes being that little bit too tight.
So I'm going to post a few healthy meal ideas that are easy and tasty. Gotta balance out all the festive crap I'm going to eat and the ridiculous amounts of mulled wine I'll be drinking!
Salmon with Mediterranean salad
This is a great light meal and so quick and easy. I used a Mexican dry marinade to give the salmon a little extra kick, if you don't have any suitable packets lurking in your cupboards you can simply season with black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Just pop in some foil, on a baking tray and grill for 10-15mins.The salad leaves, chopped tomatoes, half a diced red onion and diced pepper can all be mixed together in a salad bowl. I then added the little pot of herb and garlic olives with feta, these little pots are great because I find they have the perfect amount of dressing for the whole salad. You can usually find them in the cheese section of most supermarkets but if you cant you can simply buy feta cheese and olives separately and just use a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to lightly dress the salad.
Then add the avocado and mix into the salad.
There you have it... simple, quick and tastes great.
Tweet
No comments:
Post a Comment